[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

www server security

I'm relatively new to this list, and judging from recent discussions
this may be off-topic, but I'll ask anyways.

I'd like to setup a www server. My primary concern is to preserve
the security of the system it is running on. I'll probably run my
server on the standard (reserved) port, so it must run as root.

Any hints/tips on running my www server in a chrooted environment?
Which httpd server is considered "more secure", CERN's or NCSA's?
Any gotchas for my platform (SGI Indy, running IRIX 5.2)?
Any other tips greatly appreciated.

If this has been discussed before, mail your answers to me
and I'll summarize back to the list if there is interest.

Thanks

	Steve